WHO Team Prevented From Entering China To Ascertain The Cause Of The Pandemic (CORONAVIRUS) )

Chinese government has prevented the delegation sent by World Health Organization from investigating the origin and causes of the pandemic COVID19 in China.

The delegates were prevented from entering the country.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus who is the director general of World Health Organisations made the announcement on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 revealing that two scientists on the United Nations team had already left their home countries for Wuhan when they were told that Chinese government had not approved the necessary permissions required for them to enter the country ,the agreement which had been jointly agreed on last year.

He said “I am very disappointed with this news,” Tedros told a news conference in Geneva.

“I have been in contact with senior Chinese officials and I have once again made clear that the mission is a priority for WHO and the international team.”

While briefing the press he said

” the organization was eager to get the mission underway as soon as possible” and that we had been given assurances that Beijing was speeding up the internal procedure for “the earliest possible deployment.

Outgoing US President, Donald Trump has on many occasions blamed the Chinese government for the global pandemic and announced that the US would terminate its relationship with WHO, explaining that China had not properly reported information it had about the coronavirus and had pressured WHO to “mislead the world.” on the pandemic.

Leave a Reply